Thursday, January 30, 2020

Website Research: watchthetiitles.com

Today, my AICE media teacher assigned us to research two different media websites, one being watchthetitles.com. When I first opened the website, I was greeted with a page that looked like this:

I was not sure what to expect, but after further research on the website, this is what I found:

This website is "A project dedicated to the art of title design." Instead of enjoying the design of the actual movie, this website wants you to appreciate the design and thought that goes into the title. You see some examples of movie titles at the main website screen. 

After I research and saw the basics of the home page, I started to explore the website a little more. I started by clicking on the tab that says "title sequences." Once I clicked this, I saw a number of different title scenes from popular movies, some of which I recognized. From this page, you can click on a title sequence from a movie that you want to watch. This helped me understand the actual meaning of a "title sequence." After going through the title sequence tab, I clicked on the next one, which is "Designers". I already knew what to expect when clicking on this slide. This tab shows you a list of title designers. Once you click on one of their names, it tells you about what movie titles they have designed, what company they work for, and a quote from them. Finally, the last tab says "studios." This slide shows a list of studios. Once you click on one of the studio names, it tells you which title was made at that studio. It also tells you a brief description of the studio and what happens there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 4

Today in class, we did more planning on our new and final film. This film will be a thriller/horror film. I am doing this project will all t...