Friday, January 31, 2020

Website Research: artofthetitle.com

1st blog: Today, my AICE media teacher assigned us to research two different media websites, one being artofthetitle.com. When I first opened the website, I was greeted with a page that looked like this:
Since I already researched the other website first, I knew somewhat what to expect. At first, I did not know exactly what a “title sequence” was, so I looked up the actual media definition. A title sequence (also called an opening sequence or intro) is the method by which films or television programmes present their title and key production and cast members, utilizing conceptual visuals and sound. As I researched and explored the website, I found two tabs on the top. The first one was titled “title sequences.” Once I clicked on it, I found headings saying “Top title sequences of 2019” and others. There were also headings of title sequences from popular movies, as well as title sequences from classic movies. 


I then clicked on the other heading named “designers + studios.” This reveals a massive list of names of title sequence designers, as well as studios where the title sequences are made. IF you click on specific names/studios, it will show a picture of that person/studio and a brief description of who they are, and what they did in the media industry. This website is definitely a great learning experience for anyone that is interested in media. Before going into the website, I had little knowledge of what a title sequence was and their importance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 4

Today in class, we did more planning on our new and final film. This film will be a thriller/horror film. I am doing this project will all t...