Friday, January 17, 2020

The Start of the Final Task

We are finally starting the final task, which is a two minute film that will be graded by both our teachers and cambridge. I am with my same group from the last two projects. I feel that our group has great chemistry together. This helps us make our films flow great, and we are able to complete it fast. My group consists of Trent, Jimmy, Owen, and I. Our group's strengths are: We work with each other easily. We are able to film on a day and location that everyone can get to. We can always decide who films, acts, and edits. However there are some weaknesses in our group: Sometimes we cannot decide what our film idea is. We get distracted quickly. However, when we are fully focused, we work great. Before taking this class, I was not very interested in film. I only wanted to take this class for the AICE credit. However, while taking this class, I found a passion for filming and editing.

I have learned a great amount of things in this class. To start, I learned many of the filming techniques that are seen in many movies and TV shows. These are all of the camera angles, movement, lighting, and editing that happens in films. These are very helpful for both my personal knowledge, and for the AICE test. I will need to know these specific terms or I will get points off. I have also learned that I suck at acting. However, I am great at filming and editing, especially editing. 

Our newest and final project requires multiple pitches. A pitch is a an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. We have multiple pitches from different group members, but we have to choose only one that we will focus on. Our pitches before were: 

  • A car ride that takes a turn.
  • An unexpected lover breaks someones heart. 
  • 3 rascals that find trouble with the government. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 4

Today in class, we did more planning on our new and final film. This film will be a thriller/horror film. I am doing this project will all t...